SupportLine is a confidential service. We do not use Caller Display Equipment and therefore have no way of tracing callers. There are, however, some circumstances where we would break confidentiality.
- When we feel a caller or someone a caller talks about is in life threatening danger and the caller has given their contact details to us.
- When we have the caller’s permission to speak to a third party.
- When we feel a caller is deliberately preventing us from carrying out our service.
- When a caller threatens volunteers/staff and it is felt their safety may be at risk.
- When we have a court order to divulge information.
- When we have bomb warnings or information about terrorism.
There may be occasions when a call may be listened into by another helpline support worker/staff member, to assist us in training new helpline support workers, to give support to the helpline support worker in particularly distressing calls and to monitor our service to ensure we are giving the best possible service to callers.
When we receive an email it is possible for the helpline support worker to see your email address which is confidential within the agency. We have no means of tracing you unless you give us your contact details (phone number/address).
18th May 2020
Abusers use coronavirus isolation to gain power… I would be dead by now, says survivor Roxy
It is only 11am and SupportLine’s inbox is already filling up.
CORONAVIRUS EMERGENCY APPEAL FOR FUNDS
Demand for our services is increasing due to the Coronavirus and we desperately need funds to contine our vital services supporting those who are vulnerable, at risk, isolated and victims of any form of abuse. Please help us to continue our vital services by making a donation or grant. Information, advice, support on the Coronavirus can be found here https://www.supportline.org.uk/problems/coronavirus-covid-19/
Momentum builds for law change following Bob Higgins child sexual abuse case - Telegraph
A campaign to include child sexual abuse among those “serious crimes” for which suspects can be retried gathered momentum on Monday with the backing of former footballers and a series of charities.
When you click on the Amazon banner on this site and buy products from Amazon.co.uk SupportLine will benefit from your purchase at no extra cost to you.
Please support our Charity Auctions